Students at Jerry Trimble Helicopters learn to fly in either a Robinson R22 or R44. These Robinson models are perfect for learning the basics of flying a helicopter. In order to become a more experienced, commercially marketable pilot, students may choose to obtain turbine helicopter experience. In order to help student pilots transition from piston engine helicopters to turbine helicopters, JTH has developed an intensive helicopter turbine transition course.
- On the ground, our turbine transition training course includes a thorough introduction to turbine theory, preflight procedures, starting procedures, normal procedures, aircraft limitations and emergency procedures specific to the Robinson R-66 turbine helicopter.
- During flight, the student will begin by performing normal operating procedures. After which abnormal and emergency procedures will be demonstrated and practiced until the pilot develops increased confidence in his ability to maneuver the aircraft safely. Standards will be determined by the Practical Test Standards (PTS) specific to the pilot certificate held.
Course Completion Standards
- Applicant will have ground and flight experience with comprehensive knowledge of turbine aircraft operations
- Complete Written Test
- Check Ride
- Logbook Endorsement & Graduation Certificate
- 5 hrs. Ground Training
- 1 hr. Turbine Simulator Training
- 4.2 hrs. Flight Training
- 0.8 hrs. Check Ride
- $4770 USD