Jerry Trimble Helicopters is proud to offer housing for are students who are training with us. The following are the different options we currently offer:
- JTH Muddy Dog Ranch is home to a Barn Apartment and 2 bedrooms in Jerry & Alison’s house. The MDR is located about 20 mins. away from the McMinnville Airport in Sheridan, OR. Perfect for students who want the peace and quiet of the country side and don’t mind a little drive. The Barn Apartment is a fully furnished 2 bed apartment kitchen, bathroom, and washer/dryer. The Barn Apartment is $750/month. In the house, there are 2 spare bedrooms available for $35/night. Enjoy gorgeous sunrises over Mt. Hood and sunsets over western Oregon.
- JTH Duplex is a older fully furnished home that is close to downtown McMinnville. This house sleeps 3 people, one single bedroom, and one shared bedroom. The single bedroom is $25/night and the shared bedroom is $15/night. Perfect place for the student on a budget.
- JTH 1st Student House has been recently remodeled and is fully furnished, located two blocks away from old downtown McMinnville. This house sleeps up to 4 people and has a washer/dryer. Rates depend on which room is available. The shared twin bedroom is $20/night and the bigger bedrooms is $30/night. Call for details.
- JTH Cottage is a small house available for students. It is a completely furnished one bedroom, one bath 650 square foot home. It includes a washer/dryer, fully stocked kitchen, fenced yard, living and dining room and outside patio area. Well-behaved pets are welcome. It’s within walking distance to downtown McMinnville where there are many restaurants, shops and wine tasting rooms. The house rents for $850/month which includes the use of a car. The price varies for shorter stays. Contact us if you are interested.
- McMenamins Hotel is more of a unique place to stay, 310 Evans McMinnville 503-472-8427 . They are located on historic 3rd Street in downtown McMinnville. They are affordable and the rooms have a European feel. I don’t think they have TV or radios in the rooms and some have common bathrooms, not for everyone. Located about three miles from the airport. Daily Rates $50 – $75/day McMenamins
- The Comfort Inn & Suites is the newest and closest to the airport. This is a modern motel and very nice. It is more expensive but nice with TV, etc. Set up better for the businessman. 2520 SE Stratus Ave Mcminnville 503-472-1700. They are about a mile from the airport. Daily Rates $100/day. Rates vary depending on season. Click the link below to check current prices. The Comfort Inn
- The Red Lion Inn & Suites is across the street from the Comfort Inn and is right next to McDonalds. Similar to the Comfort Inn 2535 NE Cumulus Ave McMinnville 97128 503-472-1500. Daily Rates $100.00. Rates vary depending on season. Click the link below to check current prices. The Red Lion
- Old Stone Village RV Park directly across the street from the airport. It is very convenient for those of you that can bring your home with you.
- The McMinnville Airport has a camping area at the west end of the field for those of you that are inclined to commune with nature during your stay.
*JTH does not have student housing at our Thermal location.*
If you need any help with finding a place to stay while you are flying with JTH please just give us a call.
Alison @ 503-577-6371